Based in Los Angeles, CA
Scare or get scared! Kaidan is an upcoming indie game being developed by Metanoia Games. It is an asymmetric multiplayer survival horror and role-playing game inspired by the collective experience of telling scary stories. A multiplayer horror game about players becoming storytellers, about the obscure pleasure of scaring others and being scared yourself. We want to take a step forward, exploring new horizons in the horror genre and narrowing the gap between the designer and player more than ever!
The development of the game began in 2014. The initial concept was an asymmetric multiplayer horror game in which a player scares other players. During the development, the direction of the project changed towards a horror game centered around the concept of players becoming storytellers. Production has undergone several prototyping stages to validate the core concepts. After the prototyping process, Kaidan was revealed to public with a debut trailer and a prototype of the storytelling system was released. The Kickstarter campaign was launched on Feb. 23rd on is live.
- Kaidan System: A comprehensive system for creating horror scenarios. It allows the players to:
- 1----Create levels in different settings such as hotels, mansions, hospitals, etc.
- 2----Create characters including Victims (protagonists) and Haunters (antagonists) with highly varied abilities and characteristics
- 3----Integrate user created riddles and puzzles into the game level to create a unique experience and story.
- 4----Add user-generated content such as text, voice and images to enrich and narrate your story.
- Community Driven: The game is driven by the community of players who create, share, play and rate the horror stories.
- Scare or Get Scared: Asymmetric Multiplayer Horror game where a solo Haunter scares a group of Victims utilizing unique game mechanics.
- Procedural Level Generation: Based on the Storyteller’s input for each scenario, levels will be procedurally generated, so every single story can be experienced in many different forms.
- Victim Characters: Victims are the human characters in each scenario. By customizing their items and abilities, they’ll fit almost any of the stereotypical characters in the horror genre.
- Haunter Classes: Haunters have various classes based on stereotypical villains in the horror genre as well as a vast array of abilities to ensure every Haunter can be different.
- Virtual Reality Support: The game is going to support Virtual Reality to further enhance the horror experience.
Kaidan Debut Trailer YouTube
Kaidan Kickstarter Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Blog posts announcing new features and talking about different aspects of production available at kaidangame.tumblr.com.
Kaidan Kickstrater Campaign
Our Kickstarter campaign kickstarter.com.
About Metanoia Games
Mentanoia Games is an independent game studio founded in 2015 centered around creating games that innovate. Kaidan is the studio’s first project which hopes to reveal new horizons in the horror genre by enabling the players to tell their own horror stories.
More information on Metanoia Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game Designer, Programmer
System Designer, VFX Artist
Game Designer, Art Director